Extend 4K or 8K using today's deployed HD-SDI/3G-SDI systems
The IPX-SDI-MAP IP-cores enable to efficiently transport TICO RDD35 and TICO-XS (JPEG-XS) over existing SDI.
It enables to re-use the deployed SDI interfaces ad cables like HD-SDI, 3G-SDI) to carry more resolutions like 4K or 8K video. This technology and associated products are covered by one or more claims of patents awarding intoPIX's hard work and innovation.
It allows to replace the full active video area by a new compressed video area avoiding EAV/SAV forbidden codewords. The technology is being used all over the work, being implemented by several companies, members of the TICO Alliance. intoPIX have defined a method to carry 4K TICO-RDD35 compressed video over a single 3G-SDI registered as SMPTE RDD35. The method has been adapted to also carry JPEG-XS over SDI, enabling to gain further compression efficiency and preserving interoperability between equipment manufacturers and users.
intoPIX delivers the "IPX-SDI-MAP" IP-cores to be used with the TICO & TICO-XS encoder & decoder to manage the formatting and transport of TICO and TICO-XS over the active area of the SDI frame.
- Manage both the TX & RX
- Manage the insertion of the TICO-RDD35 or JPEG-XS detection box over the active area of the SDI : Lightweight compression with less than 1 millisecond of latency and lossless quality.
- Manage the TICO-RDD35 video essence box (carrying info related to the video stream, HDR, video source, etc.) and JPEG-XS Video & Color box
- Manage the formatting of the codestream avoiding EAV/SAV forbidden code words to offer an additional gain of 20% in compression efficiency.
- Fully interoperable with SMPTE RDD35 : Can be used for SDI transport: 4K over a single 3G-SDI or 8K over a single 12G-SDI
- Fully interoperable with TICO Alliance Technical Recommendations for transporting JPEG-XS over SDI: Can be used for SDI transport: 4K over a single 3G-SDI/ HD-SDI or 8K over a single 3G-SDI, 6G-SDI or 12G-SDI
- Can be used to easily transport 4K and 8K over SMPTE 2022-6 (SDI to IP standard)
Resources for Intel or Xilinx FPGAs can be provided on request.