Étendre le 4K ou le 8K en utilisant les systèmes HD-SDI/3G-SDI déployés aujourd'hui
The IPX-SDI-MAP IP-cores enable to efficiently transport Tico RDD35 and TicoXS (JPEG XS) over existing SDI.
The mapper is ideal to re-use the deployed SDI interfaces and cables (like HD-SDI, 3G-SDI) to carry more resolutions like 4K or 8K video. This technology and associated products are covered by one or more claims of patents awarding intoPIX's hard work and innovation.
It allows to replace the full active video area by a new compressed video area with a unique method avoiding EAV/SAV forbidden codewords to gain 20% of additional compression on top of the lightweight Tico or TicoXS codecs. The technology is being used all over the world, being implemented by several companies, members of the TICO Alliance.
intoPIX have defined the method to carry 4K TICO-RDD35 compressed video over a single 3G-SDI registered as SMPTE RDD35 and this method has been extended by intoPIX to also carry JPEG-XS over SDI , enabling to gain further compression efficiency and preserving interoperability between equipment manufacturers and users.
intoPIX delivers the "IPX-SDI-MAP" IP-cores to be used with the intoPIX encoder & decoder to manage the formatting and transport of Tico and TicoXS over the active area of the SDI frame.
- Gérer à la fois le TX et le RX
- Manage the insertion of the Tico RDD35 or JPEG-XS detection box over the active area of the SDI : Lightweight compression with less than 1 millisecond of latency and lossless quality.
- Manage the Tico RDD35 video essence box (carrying info related to the video stream, HDR, video source, etc.) and JPEG-XS Video & Color box
- Gérer le formatage du flux codé en évitant les mots de code interdits EAV / SAV pour offrir un gain supplémentaire de 20% en efficacité de compression.
- Fully interoperable with SMPTE RDD35 :
- Can be used for SDI transport: 4K over a single 3G-SDI or 8K over a single 12G-SDI
- Fully interoperable with TICO Alliance Technical Recommendations for transporting JPEG-XS over SDI:
- Can be used for SDI transport: 4K over a single 3G-SDI or HD-SDI or 8K over a single 3G-SDI, 6G-SDI or 12G-SDI
- Can be also used to easily transport 4K and 8K over SMPTE 2022-6 (SDI to IP standard)
Resources for Intel or AMD-Xilinx FPGAs can be provided on request.